Conewago Enterprises, Inc. is a growing design-build general contractor servicing clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region and beyond. We are currently seeking an Estimator with knowledge of industrial and commercial structures to join our Team. The ideal candidate will have knowledgeable about commercial construction as well as being detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated allowing you to hit the ground running.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce accurate and timely estimates
- Analyze and account for project risk (type of work, client, permitting, subcontractors/suppliers, etc.)
- Review, analyze and understand all bid documents (plans, scope, specifications, drawings, pre-bid notes, etc.)
- Prepare and review overall project scope of work.
- Solicit and review subcontractor and supplier proposals
- Prepare accurate material take-offs
- Apply reasonable estimates of labor and equipment costs for self-performed work
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience ideally in commercial construction estimating
- Problem solving skills along with attention to detail is a must
- Experience using B2W estimating software is preferred but not required.
- Proficient using Microsoft office and computer navigation skills in general
Conewago offers a competitive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life and AD&D.
We are looking for applicants who enjoy “Helping Organizations Turn Visions into Reality”, and who possess our company’s Core Values of Committed, Can-Do-Attitude and Creative. If this position interests, you please apply online at: www.conewago.com
Minority and Women are encouraged to apply
Conewago is an EEO/AA Employer
The building crew member constructs, erects, installs and repairs buildings and temporary structures such as concrete forms, scaffolds and rough wooden structures. The building crew member is responsible to work cooperatively with the Foreman and all other members in the team to complete the task at hand in a safe manner. Must be able to guide oneself with little or no supervision.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Measure materials using measuring tape and square to lay out work.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction of structures and forms.
- Read blueprints to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Cut or saw boards and/or plywood to required size using handsaw or power saw.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure using bolts, nails or screws.