The Carpenter constructs, erects, installs and repairs buildings and temporary structures such as concrete forms, scaffolds and rough wooden structures. The Carpenter is responsible to work cooperatively with the Foreman and Lead Carpenter in a team approach to complete the task at hand in a safe manner. Must be able to guide oneself with little or no supervision.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Measure materials using measuring tape and square to lay out work.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction of structures and forms.
- Read blueprints to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Cut or saw boards and/or plywood to required size using handsaw or power saw.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure using bolts, nails or screws.