The Equipment Operator operates several types of power construction equipment such as articulating trucks, forklifts, loaders, dozers, backhoes, scrapers, rollers, pavers and graders. The Equipment Operator understands how to read markings on stakes for grade levels. The Equipment Operator also understands how to establish grades and set grades with lock level.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Maintains the equipment – check fluids, grease and clean tracks daily.
- Operates the equipment in a safe manner per OSHA standards.
- Does not abuse equipment.
- Avoids potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment and other workers.
- Perform manual labor as directed by supervisor when operator time is not available.