Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Conewago is currently accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assigned projects from their Project Manager (PM) until project close-out and final payment from the owner. This includes responsibility for the project buyout, planning, administration and documentation. Further, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible to work cooperatively with the other Project Management Groups in a team approach in order to deploy the best resources to the tasks at hand for the company as a whole to be as successful as possible, regardless of whose project needs them.
Job duties for this position include:
- Promote the company through involvement in community activities and business related networking.
- Notify the sales team of any potential leads.
- Thoroughly review and analyze project documents with PM.
- Ensure that project documents (scope, plans and addendums) are complete and the most current available documents.
- Thoroughly review, analyze and understand the project estimate and bid file.
- Review the cost codes and control estimate with the PM to ensure a thorough understanding.
- Identify priorities including long lead items, preferred subcontractors and divisions with budget issues.
- Attend the project kick-off meeting.
- Project buy-out
- Research and develop procurement list for all project work orders, material purchase orders and subcontracts and review with PM.
- Solicit for best price to all potential vendors using discretion and independent judgment in accordance with current company purchasing guidelines.
- Prepare all work orders, purchase orders and subcontracts per company standard requirements and review with PM prior to execution.
- Complete buyout in a timely manner as necessary to meet project scheduling requirements.
- Report any savings/losses to PM.
- Coordinate with PM to schedule all material deliveries with suppliers.
- Communicate and schedule with the subcontractors as necessary to meet project schedule.
- Create submittal tracking log and establish due dates and coordinate with Administrative Assistant (AA) to track all submittals.
- Review all submittals with PM for conformance with project documents prior to distribution to design professionals and/or owner.
- Review weekly Overdue Submittal/Subcontractor log and assist the AA in tracking and following up on overdue items.
- Upon receipt of approved submittals, coordinate the release of all materials and subcontractor work per the project schedule.
- Assist PM with preparation of change orders.
- Update the Change Order log each month.
- Assist PM as needed with review of monthly job cost reports and pay applications.
- Review and approve invoices in conjunction with completion of subcontractor work, services and delivery of materials.
- Prepare Requests for Information (RFI) to Design Professionals after review with PM.
- Assist PM as necessary to help resolve problems that arise due to equipment or labor needs, inclement weather, or any other issues that impact the project.
- Project close-out
- Assist PM in determining the project punch list and coordinating its completion.
- Schedule and coordinate equipment start-ups and training as necessary.
- Create list of required warranties and O&M manuals and forward to AA for distribution.
- Assist PM as necessary with closeout requirements (as-builts, etc.)
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site.
- Ensure compliance with safety department’s requirements for training, tool-box talks and proper PPE.
- Observe safety practices during job site visits and correct all infractions.
- Promote a safe, clean working environment.
- Require all subcontractors to follow our safety policies and procedures.
Conewago offers a competitive benefits program I to include: Medical. Dental, Vision, 401k, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, PTO and Vacation. Applicants may send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Conewago is an EEO/AAP Employer