Liberty Property Trust
Our valued client Liberty Property Trust entrusted us to solve a number of challenges in a Design-Build setting for their 142 acre Hunters Green, Hagerstown, Maryland project.
The 554,000 sq ft distribution center was Phase I of a total planned for expansion to 1,700,000 sq ft on the site.
Some of the severe site challenges we overcame, with environmentally sensitive solutions were:
- 1,200,000 million cubic yards of earth and rock moved;
- 200,000 cubic yards of earth and rock moved per month;
- 180,000 tons of excavated rock turned into stone base material;
- 19,507 cubic yards of concrete produced by onsite constructed concrete plant;
- 11.4 acres of roller compacted concrete provided a solar reflective parking surface and reduced the use of oil.
- A white roof and environmentally friendly interiors.
From footer to first tenant the project took 5 months. The core and shell was awarded a LEED Silver Certification.