The leadership of our company decided that after 50+ years of remodeling and expansions to our existing facility the design-build of a new corporate headquarters was necessary to support and fuel our organization’s tremendous growth. Only nine months later, our goals became our reality.
Our facility was designed to attain LEED Gold Certification and we succeeded on May 7th 2010 when we were notified of achieving this distinctive honor.
Some of the sustainable highlights include:
- Precast concrete wall panels create a thermally efficient integrally insulated high “R “ value and a thermal mass that reduces heating and cooling costs;
- Green and white TPO roofs, sun shades, and concrete parking all further reduce heat island effect;
- Radiant heat was chosen for all three floors with a 95% efficient boiler. Overall, HVAC systems provide greater than 30% reduction in power usage. Lighting systems provide over 10% reduction in electric consumption; and plumbing systems contribute over 40% reduction in water and wastewater usage;
- 99% of construction waste was recycled, 40% of cement in the concrete was made from slag waste, and 70% of steel products were made from scrap steel; and
- Stunning entrance utilizes natural light, forest certified wood, and polished concrete floors create a beautiful and eco-friendly lobby;
Inside pink noise provides for acoustical privacy, cloud ceilings enhance noise absorption, numerous conference rooms, and a relaxing employee break room compliment interior layout.
Our headquarters was built to handle our company’s growth for decades into the future! We were honored to receive the ABC 2010 Award of Merit and the PACA 2009 Project of the Year Award. We are equally thrilled to be Adams County’s first LEED GOLD Commerical Project.